Interview with Terry da Libra [2010]

Tuesday, August 17, 2010



Melody and harmony-- these are the two words you will remember after listening to Terry da Libra's sound. Already appearing twice on Nellie Recordings this year, Terry continues to make hearts bleed out with his uplifting, optimistic-sounding, heartwarming anthems.

Leuteris Pimenidis or simply put, Terry da Libra, is a Greek producer who started to make music since he was fourteen. Backed with rich musical background-- from being part of a rock band as well as being inducted in several clubs as a resident DJ-- Terry is definitely equipped with much inspiration and dedication to pursue a huge career ahead . Aside from his melodic tracks, Terry is also known to maintain really good relationships with his contacts, most especially his supporters.

Terry's career as a producer is still on its infancy stage; however his potentials and creativity will surely take him soaring higher than his own harmonies.

Hi bro! Your latest single on Nellie Recordings, “Enchanted Waters” has just been released. My first question is how are you?

Hey Miguel! Everything feels great my friend. I keep on meeting lovely and awesome people and conversations are always pleasant especially when people give insights on my tracks. You know I’m new in the scene and these kind words really mean a lot to me. I am also working on some new tracks but I cant say much right now, but will do when the time is right… For now, Im seating on my sofa and trying to complete these questions for you! Haha :)

Can you describe to us the sound of Terry da Libra as well as inspirations?

My sound is more of a proggy melodic style with a bit of trancy blend to it. I’m always looking for inspirations! My influences were and are from all over the world no matter where they came from: classic, hard rock, alternative rock, new age, ambient, electro pop, electronic dance music, soul, and funk! I also get inspired by emotions and feelings, or when someone tells me a story. I love big melodies with beautiful harmonics, for example, piano and atmospheric key pads. It’s the feeling of flying in the sky or making my heart come out that moves me to make music.



What are your all-time top three tracks?

I have many favorite tracks. . . I believe that a producer should just not limit himself with one genre, his taste should always get involved with a lot of genres.

What do you think is your biggest achievement so far as a producer and a DJ?

Haha! I don’t think I already have a biggest achievement as of now. But for me, I just enjoy and love what I do, may it be from DJing and making people dance to hearing the praises from the wonderful people out there. Yes, my achievement is in the people. It’s really something beautiful when you get heartwarming praises from the people. The people are the ones that keep me moving forward.

How did being Greek contribute to your career today?

I don’t think being Greek contributed on any achievement I have made in my life so far… Just do your job well, be kind and a good person with the ones who helped you on any steps in your life, and you (and them) will be rewarded someday. Everything you do is an experience! In the end, everything is in your hands, and what you have learned from all those things will get you somewhere, just be creative and good.

If you were given the chance to travel to a country of your choice, where would it be?

Anywhere! Places with mythical stories and rich in history are the ones I prefer. But actually anywhere, of course, with some nice company though.

Okay, let's talk about music production. How do you make your music?

Yes, that question! Hehe. I do spend hours and hours making music. Magic happens when I am about to finish a track, usually not more than 12 hours though… But one thing, don’t rush your tracks, spend a lot of time and effort in them! I always make sure that I am 95-100% sure and satisfied with the demo before I send it away, you would not want to have last minute fixes when it’s submitted already.

As of now, I just create music. Still not doing the mastering for them, but soon, maybe I would like to learn it.

Music production and DJing costs a lot, but I am sure if you love music, you will find ways and means to do it… Just work, and spend your money only in the useful things.

Every artist has secrets to their works, and I like to keep mine too for now. Haha!

What message can you give to young and aspiring producers out there?


Have patience! I know that feeling well… When submitting demos, just because the label did not give feedback that does not mean they didn’t like your work. I ‘m sure they will sooner or later when you have gotten yourself involved deeper in your sound. That still happens to me. Also, know your style and be familiar with the labels and artists who have similar tastes as you have, this will help in getting your tunes out there. Don’t be discouraged upon hearing criticisms about your work, just keep going.

When you get recognized in the scene, don’t forget the people who supported you! Don’t be all cocky! Be sure you still retain good connections with your fanbase. That’s really important.

Don’t let others define your sound. Nothing will bring you down as long as you always keep your head high.

Name one Greek dish that you can never live without.

Yemista Rice. Stuffed tomatoes and peppers! My god, how much I love that, plus you can eat that anytime without having the fear of getting fat! Lol :D pure taste…

What can we expect from Terry da Libra in the near future?

Well, I’ll still be working on new tracks, I hope more listeners will like my work as a newcomer. Also one of my wishes is to be on a gig and play music in front of groovy, happy, harmonic people. I hope to continue to be on the stage of electronic scene as long as I have the right support for it. You can always ask me things about my work on Facebook cause there, I am a talkative person and not a living dead trust me, we can talk about anything (personal matters are exceptions haha)

So see you guys there and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for all your lovely words! Keep yourselves cool and original.

Much respect to , Alex Mango Golovanov , Kristoffer Ljungberg & Gábor 'Aeron Aether' Kovács , I'm sure they know the reason.

I, Miguel Libre, would personally like to thank you for making this interview possible. As always, keep in touch and continue staying true to your sound! May you have a prosperous career ahead!



Go to Beatport.comGet These TracksAdd This Player


Follow Terry da Libra:

0 comments:

 
 
 
Proudly Pinoy!
ALL ARTICLES posted on this site are original works of Miguel Libre. Please ask permission before reposting any articles from this website.

Contact:
info(at)motionmigs(dot)com

Logo created by Mind Play Graphics