Interview with KASPAR KOCHKER [2010]

Sunday, March 28, 2010


The year 2006 was a pivotal moment in Kaspar Kochker's life for it was that year when he finally embraced electronic music. And like most aficionados, he never looked back.


The love for electronic dance music made this 21-year old student get involved in producing music. Moreover, this inevitable desire to create music allowed him to spend hours experimenting and tweaking knobs that finally gave way to Kaspar perfecting his production ability.


In just two years, this Latvian wonder, with the help of his good friend Viktor Fox, soared sky-high with his new-found talent.


Kaspar's innovative shifting of genres can be heard through his tunes on Nellie Recordings like the deep and funky "Let's Funk Together" and the upbeat "Atlantic".



  1. Hey man! How’s 2010 been so far for you as a producer?

Hey! I feel really great, now that more people are enjoying my music! For me, this is very important because it gives me more inspiration to innovate my sound.


  1. Just wondering, how were you able to come up with this “Kaspar Kochker sound” we all hear today?

I like to experiment with sound. Sometimes, I’m into funky melodies, sometimes, deep, and even techy. You can really hear it in my tracks. For me, I can’t simply stay on one kind of sound, it has to evolve. I also love taking elements from disco and jazz music, and the way I see it, people appreciate them. Aside from that, I do have a tendency to make sound influenced by filtered house music.


  1. Can you name us some artists who have made great impacts on your career as a producer and DJ?

My first inspiration was Mr. Eric Prydz, and then followed by Junior Jack, Kid Crème, and Electricano. Their musical styles simply inspire me to keep innovating my sound.


  1. Among the places you have not yet been to, which country in the world would you like to visit, given the chance, and why?

Honestly, I have not been to many countries, but if I had the chance, I would visit Japan. I love watching documentaries on Japanese culture and history. I just love what they have.


  1. How is the Kaspar Kochker like outside the studio or off the decks?

Summer is near and surely, I will be enjoying more free time fishing and living in the countryside, but for now, I need to finish some stuff for university.


  1. You are one young talented producer; do you have any habits back in your childhood that may have played a big part of who you are today?

I really don’t know. Everything started with music improvisation… It’s quite weird, but I like it.


  1. As part of the new generation of young producers, what message can you give out to the young aspiring producers out there who want to follow your footsteps?

Be unique in your music! Regardless of how crazy your ideas are, just do them, but the most important thing is that you must love what you are doing.


  1. Can you name us your current top three tracks?

Kaspar Kochker - “Let`s Funk Together” (Original Mix) (Nellie Recordings)


Tone Depth and Vivie-Ann Feat. Michelle Narine – Taking Time (Kaspar Kochker Remix) (To be released on Ready Mix Records)


Kaspar Kochker - “Absinthe” (Original Mix) (To be released on Nellie Recordings)







  1. In your opinion, how can music unite people?

Music brings ecstasy to people! I mean look at all the happy people dancing and getting along because of the music. It’s brilliant what music can do for people.



  1. If you were given a chance to do something you’ve never done, what would it be? Take up photography? Learn how to cook? Climb Mount Everest? Why?

It would be having some gigs around Europe for the summer. I just want to see people enjoy electronic dance music and it could be a good way to promote myself and my music.



  1. Cheese or milk?

Cheese and milk.


  1. Name one DJ you would like to spin with in a major event. What’s the reason behind this?

Hmm… that is a tricky question, but it would be exciting if the DJ was a girl.


  1. What is in-store for Kaspar Kochker in the near future? Releases? Events?

Of course, a lot of new releases soon! For events, I can’t say anything for now because I have a lot of University work. We’ll see what will happen.


I, Miguel Hizon Libre, would personally like to thank you for your time and patience in accomplishing this interview. I wish you all the best in your career (and studies), and I will always be here supporting you and your music!


Cheers!


Thank you to you too! I’m happy that you have interviewed me! Love, peace and more house music!


---

You can catch Kaspar Kochker in the following links below:

Kaspar Kochker @ Myspace

Kaspar Kochker @ Facebook

Also check out my reviews on some of his tracks and remixes here:


Dezza- Good (Kaspar Kochker Remix)

Kaspar Kochker- My Soul/ Let's Funk Together

2 comments:

Jānis said...

This guy may be one of the Latvian music scene's key-persons in the very near future. I would say, because of him we will get finally out of our neighbors - Estonian and Lithuanian's shaddow. He is young but he's strong, already. That's what I like, keep up man, keep it up. :o)

motionmigs said...

Yeah man, I can sense it too. We'll all be watching Kaspar...

 
 
 
Proudly Pinoy!
ALL ARTICLES posted on this site are original works of Miguel Libre. Please ask permission before reposting any articles from this website.

Contact:
info(at)motionmigs(dot)com

Logo created by Mind Play Graphics